Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Another Day Ended

At the end of the day, as I climb into bed, right at the moment when I pull the covers over my shoulders, I can’t help but smile. This is my favorite time of the day. It seems a bit odd, considering it should be my least favorite. It signals another day that has come and gone, all to fast. It is a silent reminder of how easily time slips away when we get caught up with all the rigors of a day.

But I think of it as a time for opportunity. There are an infinite number of things that are possible when you wake up in the morning. What will the next day hold? No one knows. That is up to you. 


It’s the perfect time to just relax, close your eyes, and imagine.

 

It is also my favorite time, because it is the time when you can finally look back on the day. It is a time of reflection, for me at least. Think about the day. What did you learn? How can you apply this to future days? It’s a time to be totally in tune with yourself. No other outside actions, distractions, reactions; just you.

 

To feel the comfort of the blanket hugging your body, to feel the warmth surrounding you from your toes to your nose. To me, there is almost no better feeling. It’s just you. And the security of your blanket.

 

A blanket is a perfect companion. There are no commitments, it won’t be mad at you if you forget to say happy anniversary to it; it will always be there to comfort you at the end of the day. You know, even if you have the roughest of days, that there will be something, waiting for you when the sun goes down over that horizon. Waiting to comfort you, and somehow, without using words, tell you that everything is right. And what's more, it offers only the warmest and truest of hugs.

 

Do not forget the benefits of even the most simple actions in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment