Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's Not So Chilly.

"I think my shooting coach has that same hat, but I think he said he got it in Peru." I thought as I skied up behind a man skiing down the trail ahead of me. It was a humid 10°F, and my thighs and caboose were feeling rather chilly at this point. "I think I'll ask this man where he got his hat."

"Excuse me, do you mind if I ask you where you got your hat?"
"Oh! Well, I think my brother got me this hat while he was in Peru."

This is fantastic. What are the chances of that? We then went on to have a 5 minute conversation about Alberta, the trail system in Canmore, the trail system in Anchorage, biathlon, and how tough sports are. He was a genuinely nice man. As he stayed straight on the trail and I turned right, I yelled after him, "Have a wonderful ski." He replied, "You too, have a good ski."

As I continued skiing, I was thinking about how, even if it is just for a second, a complete stranger can still manage to put a smile on your face.

And suddenly, I wasn't quite as chilly as I had been before.

...

Also, I saw a man mountain biking while I was skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment